Hire a Certified Arborist
Whether you’re looking for someone to prune your trees, perform tree removal, or grind a stump, you may want to consider hiring a certified arborist for the job.
Why? A certified arborist has undergone specialized training in the art and science of caring for and maintaining trees. This expertise is particularly important when it comes to pruning or performing other maintenance on the trees on your property. That’s because a good arborist will only use accepted practices that don’t harm trees.
Examples of unnecessary or unacceptable practices are:
- Topping a tree
- Removing an excessive amount of live wood
- Disfiguring living trees without just cause
As a certified, local arborist and tree specialist in Lancaster and York, PA, Doug’s Tree Service has the right equipment and an experienced crew to handle any tree problem you may have from tree removal and stump grinding to tree pruning and maintenance. We can also recommend medicinal treatment for sick trees, but we don’t administer any medicinal treatment protocols.
Contact us for local tree service throughout Lancaster and York, PA and the surrounding area!
Things to Consider When Hiring a Tree Service
- Ask if a tree service employs a certified arborist
Certified arborists are individuals who have achieved a level of knowledge in the art and science of tree care through experience and by passing a comprehensive examination developed by some of the nation’s leading experts on tree care. Certified arborists must also continue their education to maintain their certification. Therefore, a certified arborist is more likely to be up to date on the latest techniques in arboriculture.
- Be cautious of individuals who go door to door or offer bargains for performing tree work. Improper tree care can take many years to correct itself and, in some cases, the damage cannot be reversed.
- Beware of the self-proclaimed “tree arborist” who recommends unacceptable practices such as topping a tree.
- Don’t be afraid to ask about the approximate timeframe for work to be started and completed. If a tree service is vague on the details, look elsewhere.
- Be sure to ask if the price quote you receive is the total price. Some tree services quote a bargain price upfront that doesn’t include everything. Only later do they reveal that certain services, such as wood removal or other clean up tasks will incur additional charges.